Guideline 1.2 - Safety - User Generated Content
Your app enables the display of user-generated content but does not have the proper precautions in place.
To resolve this issue, please revise your app to implement all of the following precautions:
- Require that users agree to terms (EULA) and these terms must make it clear that there is no tolerance for objectionable content or abusive users
- A method for filtering objectionable content
- A mechanism for users to flag objectionable content
- A mechanism for users to block abusive users
- The developer must act on objectionable content reports within 24 hours by removing the content and ejecting the user who provided the offending content
Guideline 2.1 - Performance - App Completeness
We discovered one or more bugs in your app when reviewed on iPhone running iOS 13.7 on Wi-Fi.
Specifically, your app loaded indefinitely on 热榜，夏促 and 新鲜.
To resolve this issue, please run your app on a device to identify any issues, then revise and resubmit your app for review.
If we misunderstood the intended behavior of your app, please reply to this message in Resolution Center to provide information on how these features were intended to work.
For new apps, uninstall all previous versions of your app from a device, then install and follow the steps to reproduce the issue. For updates, install the new version as an update to the previous version, then follow the steps to reproduce the issue.
For information about testing your app and preparing it for review, please see Technical Note TN2431: App Testing Guide.
For a networking overview, please review About Networking.
Please see attached screenshots for details.
2.3 Performance: Accurate Metadata
Guideline 2.3.1 - Performance
We discovered that your app contains hidden features. Attempting to hide features, functionality or content in your app is considered egregious behavior and can lead to removal from the Apple Developer Program.
Specifically, we found that your app includes third party payment mechanism, which provides access to external payment mechanisms and enables the purchase of content, services, or functionality by means other than the in-app purchase API.
If you feel that we have misunderstood how your app functions and that your app is compliant with the App Store Review Guidelines, please reply to this message in Resolution Center to explain how this feature works.
The next submission of this app may require a longer review time, and this app will not be eligible for an expedited review until this issue is resolved.
- Review the Performance section of the App Store Review Guidelines. - Ensure your app, as well as any third-party code and SDKs implemented in your app, are compliant with all sections of the App Store Review Guidelines and the Terms & Conditions of the Apple Developer Program. - Revise or remove the hidden features from your app. Once your app is fully compliant, resubmit your app for review.
Submitting apps designed to mislead or harm customers or evade the review process may result in the termination of your Apple Developer Program account. Review the Terms & Conditions of the Apple Developer Program to learn more about our policies regarding termination.
Guideline 2.5.16 - Performance - Software Requirements
We’re excited that you’ve chosen to make widgets available to your app’s users. However, we found in our review that your widgets aren’t related to the core content and functionality of the full app. Specifically, the widget only provide a clock without any customization.
Widgets provide users with easy access to key content from your app on their device’s Home screen or Today View. When creating a widget, focus on providing useful services and relevant information, and avoid introducing unrelated content and features.
Please revise your app’s widgets so that it only includes content and functionality related to the full app.
Guideline 3.1.1 - Business - Payments - In-App Purchase
We noticed that your app or its metadata enables the purchase of content, services, or functionality in the app by means other than the in-app purchase API, which is not appropriate for the App Store.
While the payment system that you have included may conduct the transaction outside of the app, if the purchasable content, functionality, or services are intended to be used in the app, they must be purchased using in-app purchase, within the app - unless it is of the type referenced in guideline 3.1.3 of the App Store Review Guidelines.
It may be appropriate to revise your app to use the in-app purchase API to provide content purchasing functionality.
In-app purchase provides several benefits, including:
- The flexibility to support a variety of business models.
- Impacting your app ranking by consolidating your sales to one app rather than distributing them across multiple apps.
- An effective marketing vehicle to drive additional sales of new content.
For information on in-app purchase, please refer to the following documentation:
In-App Purchase for Developers
In-App Purchase Programming Guide
For step-by-step instructions on in-app purchase creation within App Store Connect, refer to
App Store Connect Help
Guideline 3.2.2 - Business - Other Business Model Issues - Unacceptable
The primary purpose of your app is to encourage users to watch ads or perform marketing-oriented tasks, which is not appropriate for the App Store.
Guideline 4.0 - Design
Your app uses Sign in with Apple as a login option but does not use the appropriate Sign in with Apple button design, branding, and/or user interface elements as described in the
Sign in With Apple Human Interface Guidelines.
- Your Sign in with Apple button has a black border and is not placed on an appropriate background. White buttons should not be on light backgrounds. Black buttons and white buttons with a black outline should not be on dark backgrounds.
Guideline 5.1.1 - Legal - Privacy - Data Collection and Storage
We noticed that your app requires users to register or log in to access features that are not account-based.
Specifically, we were required to provide phone number after using Sign in with Apple.
To resolve this issue, please revise your app to let users freely access your app’s non account-based features.
Apps may not require users to enter personal information to function, except when directly relevant to the core functionality of the app or required by law.
You should allow users to freely access your app’s non account-based features. For example, an e-commerce app should let users browse store offerings and other features that are not account-based before being asked to register, or a restaurant app should allow users to explore the menu before placing an order. Registration must then only be required for account-specific features, such as saving items for future reference or placing an order.
Please see attached screenshot for details.
- 实在提新包和申诉都过不了审，可以申请”向 App 审查委员会提交上诉”，对方会派一个中国的工作人员听取你们的意见和解决办法。记得大概需要等三个工作日。这是终极的沟通矛盾的办法，要看对方认不认了，不认还是得继续修改包体直到对方通过。